Autumn signals the start of my favourite time of year for photography. No one season is ever quite the same as you wait for the leaves to turn – leaving behind their fresh green appearance of summer for the rich golds and reds of late autumn. The shorter days and long cool nights often provide the perfect conditions for fog to form. It was on such a night that a thick blanket of fog rolled over coastal Canterbury. Leaving the house one Saturday morning, we headed for town – headlights piercing through the thick white fog that surrounded us. In Hagley Park, many of the leaves had fallen already – Autumn is also the return of the regular nor’west winds that sweep across the Canterbury Plains this time of year. Fragile leaves stand little chance in the fury of these winds. As we wandered among the tall oaks and crisp carpet of fallen leaves, I noticed a younger tree, clinging to its coat of leaves – a vibrant yellow that contrasted beautifully with the darker colours all around it. Although the fog had started to burn off, there was still plenty of mist drifting through the trees, leaving those in the park to enjoy the calm atmosphere of the morning.
Image size: 21″ x 14″ (533mm x 355mm) printed on A2
Your print will also include an additional white space border to allow for easy handling during the framing process.
About this Limited Edition
- Edition of 25
- Media: Canson Infinity Rag Photographique (matte finish) 310 gsm cotton paper using Canon Lucia Pro archival pigment-based inks
- Print is hand-signed and numbered
- Includes hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity
- Information sheet with the story of the image and capture details
Photographic prints of this image will only be available in this limited edition. I do reserve the right to use the image for other purposes for example: calendars, books, greeting cards, postcards and other items of a similar nature.
A ready-to-hang solution for you to enjoy your photograph straight away. Framed photographs are presented in a classic 30mm wide timber frame made in New Zealand. White or Black frames are available. The photograph is mounted using archival quality materials including a neutrally-coloured bevelled mat (up to 3″ wide) made from Bainbridge Alphamat Artcare 4-ply matboard in Spanish White (8463) and 5mm acid-free foamboard. Conservation Clear glass is used to frame the work and is rated to 99% UV protection. Museum Glass which offers both a high level of UV protection and anti-reflective properties is available upon request for an additional charge.
Completed frame size (approximate) includes the print, mat overlay and frame and gives a useful guide for checking a framed piece will fit into your desired space:
- 29.5″ x 22.75″ (749mm x 578mm)
Shipping and Handling
- As each print is personally printed by Mike White and frames are made to order, please allow up to 3 weeks for dispatch. If you require your order to be completed urgently, please contact Mike directly to discuss options.
- Prints will be shipped flat in an archival sleeve between layers of sturdy, protective board.
- Framed artworks can only be shipped in New Zealand and will be packaged with multiple layers of bubble-wrap and heavy-duty corrugated card to ensure safe arrival.
- All packages are shipped with a tracked courier service.
- Free shipping within New Zealand applies to all orders.