I’ve visited the iconic destination of Milford Sound a number of times now, twice taking a scenic cruise which winds its way up Milford Sound to the open waters of the wild west coast and back to the relative shelter of the harbour. On the return journey, tourists are afforded a close-up view of the majestic Stirling Falls – one of the few permanent falls along Milford Sound. For those who don’t mind being saturated with spray coming off the falls, you can stand out on the deck as the skipper manoeuvres your vessel right up to the base of the 155m high falls. Your senses are pounded by the thunderous torrents of water pouring down from above. You don’t get long to take the shot as the front of the lens is quickly covered in water. The experience of the “glacial facial” (as it’s often called) may be short but it is certainly memorable!
About this Limited Edition
- Edition of 25
- Media: Canson Infinity Rag Photographique (matte finish) 310 gsm cotton paper using Canon Lucia Pro archival pigment-based inks
- Print is hand-signed and numbered
- Includes hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity
- Information sheet with the story of the image and capture details
Photographic prints of this image will only be available in this limited edition. I do reserve the right to use the image for other purposes for example: calendars, books, greeting cards, postcards and other items of a similar nature.
Image size: 21″ x 14″ (533mm x 355mm) printed on A2
Your print will also include an additional white space border to allow for easy handling during the framing process.
A ready-to-hang solution for you to enjoy your photograph straight away. Framed photographs are presented in a classic 30mm wide timber frame made in New Zealand. White or Black frames are available. The photograph is mounted using archival quality materials including a neutrally-coloured bevelled mat (up to 3″ wide) made from Bainbridge Alphamat Artcare 4-ply matboard in Spanish White (8463) and 5mm acid-free foamboard. Conservation Clear glass is used to frame the work and is rated to 99% UV protection. Museum Glass which offers both a high level of UV protection and anti-reflective properties is available upon request for an additional charge.
Completed frame size (approximate) includes the print, mat overlay and frame and gives a useful guide for checking a framed piece will fit into your desired space:
- 29.5″ x 22.75″ (749mm x 578mm)
Shipping and Handling
- As each print is personally printed by Mike White and frames are made to order, please allow up to 3 weeks for dispatch. If you require your order to be completed urgently, please contact Mike directly to discuss options.
- Prints will be shipped flat in an archival sleeve between layers of sturdy, protective board.
- Framed artworks can only be shipped in New Zealand and will be packaged with multiple layers of bubble-wrap and heavy-duty corrugated card to ensure safe arrival.
- All packages are shipped with a tracked courier service.
- Free shipping within New Zealand applies to all orders.