On a map, the eastern beaches of Banks Peninsula look so close to Christchurch yet it takes a good couple of hours of driving on narrow, winding roads to get to them. The reward for the stargazer is access to crystal-clear, dark night skies where one can lay back and enjoy the stars for hours. The resulting photograph is a panoramic stitch of 18 images shot at 24mm in a portrait format, centered on the eastern horizon with north at the left and south at the right of frame. The Milky Way core is rising with Jupiter shining brightly through the ocean spray. At the top of the frame are the ‘Pointers’ with the Magellanic Clouds at the right of frame.
- Small: 7″ x 5″ / 127mm x 178mm
- Medium: 12″ x 8″ / 203mm x 305mm
- Large: 18″ x 12″ / 305mm x 457mm
This above sizes describe the dimensions of the printed image. Small prints are mounted within an 8″ x 10″ mat (203mm x 254mm). Medium and large prints will also include an additional white space border to allow for easy handling during the framing process.
About this Open Edition
- Media: Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag 310 gsm cotton paper (satin finish) using Canon Lucia Pro pigment-based inks.
- Small prints come mounted with an 8″x10″ mat.
- Medium and large prints are hand-signed and include a hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity.
Shipping and Handling
- Small and medium prints will be shipped flat between layers of protective board.
- Large prints will be carefully rolled and placed inside a protective postal tube.
- Shipped with a tracked courier service.
- Free shipping within New Zealand for orders at or above $99.